FAQs Instructor Course & License Options
We offer three course Steps which are sequential i.e. once you complete the step 1 course you have the option to do the Step 2 course and then you have the option to do any of the Step 3 courses
JYMKA COURSE STEPS ARE:
Step 1: Jymka Kids Fitness Instructor Course
This certified course is offered as a standalone course to individuals who have no pre-requisite fitness qualification or at a reduced price as a CPD course (with 40 cpd points) offered exclusively to qualified primary elementary teachers, fitness instructors or childcare workers.
Step 2: Run a Jymka Kids Fitness Business Course (Only available after you do Step 1)
Trains you how to start, develop, market and manage your own Jymka kids fitness class business. Plus you get:
- A license to use the jymka name and logo for your business with no license, franchise or membership fees
- a set of Jymka class plan templates for the academic for each age group
- Jymka action song (suitable for younger kids)
- Jymka Marketing Templates to help promote your business to include a brochure, enrolment forms, posters etc.
- Recommended suggested list of Equipment required to deliver your classes
NB. Steps 1 & 2 is offered as a Course Bundle: Jymka Kids Fitness Instructor Course + Run a Jymka Kids Fitness Business Course + Jymka license with all the benefits
Step 3: Selection of add-on courses (Only available after you do Steps 1 & 2):
Jymka Kids Camps Course
Jymka Kids Parties Course
Coming soon – Jymka Parent & Child Class Course
To become a certified kids fitness Instructor you simply book Step 1 Jymka Kids Fitness Instructor Course – standalone version if you have no teacher, childcare of fitness qualification or the CPD version if you have a qualification as a Primary school teacher, childcare worker or fitness instructor.
When you have completed the step 1 Jymka instructor course you must be evaluated successfully by one of our Jymka course trainers in order to be awarded a Jymka Instructor Certificate. The last course module provides detailed instructions on how you do this evaluation which includes:
- Completing a Jymka End-of-Course Evaluation Multiple-Choice-Q
- Creating a video file recording of yourself teaching one or more kids some fitness exercises
This simple evaluation process ensures that participants are competent and have the knowledge after completing the course to teach kids fitness PLUS it gives us an opportunity to give you tips and advise on teaching fitness skills to kids. On successful evaluation you are awarded a Jymka Kids Fitness Instructor Certificate which has a professional recognition and endorsement with ActiveIQ, a leading awarding body for the fitness sector. Plus we give you an International Standards CPD Certificate if you have completed the CPD version once you email us a copy of your qualifications.
Once you certify as a Jymka KidsActiveFun Instructor then you are certified and qualified to teach kids fitness classes straight away. It is however imperative once you get your jymka instructor certificate that you also get a basic first aid certificate and you must be over 18 years of age with the enthusiasm and energy to coach kids fitness classes in a school or gym. We also advise that you adhere to and comply with all regulations in your country with regard to getting police vetting to teach kids fitness before you start
To date primary elementary teachers, fitness instructors, childcare workers, yoga, dance or martial arts teachers, sports coaches and even some parents have enjoyed doing our courses The course really suits anyone who has an interest, background in fitness or sport, with or without a fitness or teaching qualification, who would enjoy earning an income teaching kids fitness.
Yes all our training courses are 100% online and yes our Jymka training support team provide on-going training support via email to all course participants whilst training. Please bear in mind that our support team work in the Dublin GMT time zone so there may be a time difference depending on where you live. However we will endeavour to respond to queries in a timely fashion. Rest assured, all our courses are very comprehensive and easy to follow with sequential training module presentations, training-notes, training tutorial videos and resource links.
The duration to do the Jymka KidsActiveFun online Instructor course is approx 40 hours and is usually completed in 4-12 weeks, plus the time required at the end of the course to complete your assessment and evaluation. However some students manage to do this in a shorter time while others take longer, up to 6 months to complete the course.
Yes Jymka are endorsed international Training Providers with:
- Active IQ, a leading accreditation body for the fitness sector in the Uk and Europe with global validity. Jymka Plus Jymka has been awarded with a Professional Recognition for our Jymka KidsActiveFun instructor course. Countries globally recognise EU fitness standards for accreditation purposes along with their own or if they have no children’s fitness accreditation system to date
- Europe Active, formerly the European Health and Fitness Association (EHFA).
- The CPD Standards office, a global acceptance of CPD Standards Accreditation in over 40 countries, across several continents. Due to the research undertaken by the CPD Standards Research Project with various professional bodies and regulators the accreditation is recognised and respected internationally. Formal CPD Standards certificates are issued and accepted in a multitude of countries and across all professional sectors. the international CPD accreditation body with a Jymka has been awarded as a CPD training provider with 40 cpd points for our Jymka KidsActiveFun instructor Course maximum of 40 points.
No, the Jymka brand name, trademark and logo can only be used if you do Step 2 ‘Run a Jymka kids fitness business course’ as this includes a license for you to use the Jymka trade name, logo, marketing templates and class plan templates.
NB. Each year all Jymka instructors must do an online refresher re-certification Jymka instructor course and on successful completion receive an updated Jymka instructor certificate and Jymka license. The Jymka name, trademark and logo is owned by Jymka and is used to describe the Jymka instructor course and certificate and the Jymka classes, camps and parties services and is not permitted to be used for any other business whatsoever.
The Earning potential of running your own Jymka kids fitness business is excellent as it is a profitable low cost service business. As a Jymka instructor you can deliver fitness classes in a variety of local venues e.g. schools, preschools, gyms public halls etc.
You can charge parents per child per class (building on class numbers to make each class more profitable) or charge the school or pre-school per class. Age appropriate classes are delivered to kids from 3 to 12 years giving you great scope to make money. Plus to increase your earning potential you can choose to do one or more of the Step 3 courses which will qualify you to run Jymka kids camps and or Jymka parties as part of your business.
Our comprehensive training system provides you with the necessary know-how and content to run your own successful business. Our training support team gives you full support via email when you are training. On completion of Steps 1 & 2 courses you get a license to use the Jymka brand name and logo for your business. There is no ongoing support with this license and no monthly license fee either. However if you do require support after you have trained for your Jymka business our support team can provide support to you for an hourly fee
Yes you will need to purchase a selection of sports equipment to use to deliver your classes. Aa part of the Step 2 ‘Run a Kids Fitness business Course we provide you with a recommended equipment list to purchase. The items on the list (sports balls, mats, cones etc. are not expensive items. We advise you get a basic starter set of equipment to use in your classes and increase with more items as you require them.
Considering running your own Jymka Kids Fitness business then here is a RECAP of what you need to know
- Jymka is an award winning and globally endorsed online training provider and specialists in kids fitness
- On completion of Steps 1 and 2 courses you automatically get an annual Jymka license with the right to use the Jymka brand name, logo, marketing templates and class plan templates for your own business.
- There is no license fees or other franchise type fees charged for this license, you only pay for your training
- There is no territory restriction or country restriction, as a Jymka licensed instructor you can run your Jymka class business globally in schools, pre-schools, gyms etc. There is however a first come first served policy whereby if a Jymka instructor already has a class running in a school or gym local to you then it is off limits.
- You are listed free of charge on jymka.com
- Each year all Jymka certified instructors must complete the Jymka online instructor refresher course to be re-certified, cost 75 euro. Jymka licenses are automatically renewed for another year in tandem of re-certifying as a Jymka instructor with no additional cost. Only in-date Jymka certified instructors can hold a Jymka license permitted to use the brand name etc.
- Certified instructors can hire helpers to assist them teach their classes for safety purposes. Training on how to hire, train and manage your ‘hired helpers’ is covered in the Jymka Step 2 ‘Run a Kids business course’.
- Jymka Step 3 courses are exclusively available to Jymka certified instructors and licensees who have completed steps 1 & 2. These are optional additional courses and include:
- Jymka kids camps course
- Jymka party course
- Jymka parent & child class course
Yes, we offer our online training course and license system directly to schools, pre-schools, gyms, hotels and sports clubs to train staff to run Jymka fitness classes as an extra service and income earner. Contact us to make an enquiry